4 Dead in Tulsa Hospital Shooting

Maia Graham, Student Journalist

Tulsa, Oklahoma is yet another victim of gun violence just a week after the shooting at Uvalde, Texas

Four people are killed in Tulsa, Oklahoma following a mass shooting in a medical building Wednesday evening. The shooter apparently also died due to a “self-inflicted gunshot wound,” says police.

According to Tulsa Deputy Police Chief Eric Dalgleish, police responded to the scene three minutes after 5 p.m. local time on the campus of Saint Francis Hospital. They made contact with the shooter five minutes later.

Multiple people were wounded, but Tulsa Police Department Capt. Richard Meulenberg said there were fewer than ten and none presented life-threatening wounds. So far, the identities of the victims, as well as the shooter, have not been released.

According to Daiglseish, upon entering the hospital building, police officers encountered the shooter on the second floor. Dalgleish believes the shooter is a Black male between the ages of 35 and 40 and said he was armed with a gun and a handgun, which he says, were both fired.

The police were later informed of a possible bomb left by the shooter in a residence in Muskogee, Oklahoma, just 50 miles from Tulsa. Surrounding homes and residents were evacuated, the home was searched and no explosives were found.

Just a week after the Robb Elementary School shooting in Uvalde, Texas, now Tulsa, Oklahoma is shocked by a sudden wave of grief. Several workers at the hospital campus and their loved ones gather in astonishment and despondency.